Comes in 4 panels. 4 1/2"x6", Very Easy to assemble.
Comes with Pascha Cheese Recipe
For Eastern Christians, Pascha (Easter) is the Feast of Feasts and the most celebrated Christian holiday. Traditionally, for this day, Russian Christians prepare a wonderful classic dish called "Sirnaja Pashka" -made with eggs and dairy products. These ingredients are the foods the faithful abstained from during the Great Fast before Pascha. The ingredients are placed into a specially made "pasochnitsa," a mold consisting of four planks joined into a trapezoidal shape and dressed with a Cross and carved patterns. This contemporay wooden mold is from Russia.
There are as many receipes for Sirnaja Pashka as there are chefs. The receipe included with the mold is from an old St Petersburg family.
This recipe for a molded Easter cheese dessert is known variously as paska, pasca, paskha and pascha. Easter wouldn't be Easter in a Russian Orthodox home without a kulich bread and paskha cheese blessed by the parish priest.
Makes 1 Easter Paskha
Prep Time: 20 minutes ~ Cook Time: 20 minutes
* 2 pounds farmers cheese
* 5 large egg yolks
* 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
* 1 cup chopped candied citron
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, whipped
1. Pass the farmers cheese through a sieve or food mill and set aside. In the top of a double boiler, mix egg yolks with sugar. Add cream and heat over barely simmering water, stirring constantly, until bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Don't overheat or the eggs will curdle.
2. Remove from heat and add cheese, almonds, raisins, citron and vanilla, mixing well. Add butter and continue stirring until mixture cools (this long stirring gives the paska a smooth and velvety texture).
3. Line the paska mold with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth. Pour the mixture inside and cover with a double thickness of dampened cheesecloth. Place the lid or a small plate on top and weight it down. Place a bowl under the mold to catch any runoff and refrigerate 24 hours. Unmold onto a serving plate and decorate with almonds, glaceed cherries, candied citron and green leaves, if desired. Cut into thin slices as this is very rich. ENJOY!